Saturday, December 9, 2006

my intro

Hi I am Sally. and I love to write...didn't want to keep a journal growing up as it would have been too incrementing ;-)...but now I find I have to to track what I hope to be the final chapter in ridding myself of something that has plagued me all my life. Lyme's disease. But first I will say thank you to the person that turned me on to this site...thank you catidid (read kati did....i cannot spell to save my life..i am a great writer but a horrible speller so go figure)....

I am a single woman, 43 with 2 cats and a dog. I live by myself unfortunately...but I am very selective of about whom I would allow in my life and my personal space. I choose not to allow a lot of negative energy in my life. I don't have time for it. I work too hard and the time I have off is so precious I like to spend it having fun with the people I love. I have 7 nephews and 2 nieces...by age, Michael, Mackenzie, Katie, Wes, Mason, Jimmy, Max, Sean and Cole. So for those of them reading this. I promise not to tell on you if you promise not to tell on me. I do however reserve the right to take you aside and tell you if I think you might be going down a path i think is destructive for you. I empower you my children to do the same to me.

I have a 24/7 job that is very stressful....essentially i am a cross between a computer geek and a manager. I do however, love my job, my team, my users, my application but I hate the politics...enough about my job. it is not who I am. It pays the mortgage. I live in a townhouse in Maryland outside of the DC. I have lived here most my life but lived outside of Philly for 8 years (or so...my math is very sketchy so for 14 to 21). I am however, one of the few people you will meet born in Washington, D.C. A friend once told me that DC was not the real world and luckily for me I have traveled enough to know that is true. But it is my home, my family's home and has been home to lots of wonderful friends who have passed through the doors of my life.

I love my life, my family, my friends, my bad pets ;-)..and my job...now I don't always like them and I often want to run away from one or all of them at any given time...but the words I am blessed cross my lips more then once a day. I am begin a journey so I am going to blog about it. I figure that you never know what might help someone....if nothing else I will have it for me ;-).

My journey is one of possibly gaining something I haven't had much of in my life....good health. I have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme's disease. This diagnosis came recently and it was the last piece to a puzzle that I have never been able to solve. Why I feel so crappy all the time...why I am so tired all the time....why do I ....in later postings I will explain more about Lyme's as I understand it and about how I am working on killing those little bacteria in my body ;-)...I don't believe in killing or violence but in this case I will make an exception. Die bastards die ;-)...however, I am blessed to reach a place where I can actually do something about it so I will attack it like all my obstacles. I will plan and plot and do what I can to make it better. Good luck to me.

I have a deep spiritual connection to god. I don't like organized religion. I will only say that I cannot believe a god that created all this diversity in the world...would damn a group of people to hell for believing a certain way. I pray every day and thank god for my blessings. I will end my conversation on religion with hear. The bible has been interpreted by men and women but the basic essence I believe has been lost. That is to treat others as you would like to be treated. I live by 3 rules follow my gut instinct, treat others as you would like to be treated...and be greatful for what you have. I have others but those 3...they are the most important.

I love music...all music. I just got myself a video ipod and am syched to put all my cd's on it!! I love kids as the ones I listed earlier will attest to....I love bad pets ;-)...I love MTV, VH1, CBS Sunday Morning, Real World, the Challenges, Food Network. I love to bake, cook and eat ;-). However, I have learned much about nutrition over the last 10 years and my new goal is to convert my favorite recipes to healthy ones ;-). I love movies especially kids movies....computers...TIVO!!!...books....good friends, good food, good drink...I have learned to not let the small stuff ruin my precious time away from work...and I love to take vacations...I am Pollyana, Madonna, and Marianne Williamson all rolled into one. I am a liberal democrat and proud of it. And I love 80's fashion ;-) even if it is does say something about me ;-).

Thanks for stopping by and checking this out. I hope you will check back. My myspace account is LU2PMBU but I don't know how to add anyone. For a computer Geek I am a bit lame ;-).

Take Care...Be Safe...Be nice to each other

No comments: