Tuesday, December 12, 2006

my blessings

I was at a band recital tonight. It was much like Mr. Holland's Opus. The gentleman Mr. Ball has taught music at that school for 30 years. I can only imagine how it must be to be in the same place all your life. The band was great they where 6th, 7th, 8th, strings, and Jazz . All the kids did a great job. It was for Cole my 6th grade nephew (you did GREAT)...my coley woley puddin in a pie ;-)...my jokester...my boy who always let me read Dr. Seuss when I wanted ;-). At one point during the strings I teared up...Imagine me...teary eyed and sentimental ;-). Imagine me at a movie ;-). I did...I thought of all my kids...Michael, Mackenzie, Katie, and Mason...my first batch of kids ;-)...all the recitals, basket ball games, Christmas concerts, good plays, bad plays (sorry there where one or two), graduations. The fact that all my kids will still play the LU2PMBU is important to me. So yes....I am blessed with wonderful family. Their parents my friends...and I hope they consider me their friend/aunt.

Sloppy and Sentimental Sally is out for the holiday season. She is greatful so greatful that Mommy made it threw the year and is kicking ass and taking names ;-). Just wait till she is out hear and really running the show. I have a whole list of things for us to do ..... including driving down to the Shenandoah in the fall. I am greatful for my other kids. The ones that will always know me as Aunt Sally even if they call me Sal. And tonight from littlest to oldest...Cole, Sean, Max, Jimmy and Wes. I am an equal opportunity lister ;-). You have all brought joy and love into my life like no other. Damn I am a lucky women.

I am greatful I stopped smoking this year and that all the people that love me never judged me all the times I tired to quit before. For those that want the secret to that ... it was simple...Carolyn Myss a Medical Intuitive and spiritual healer said "We all want devine guidance...but how can you receive any more devine wisdom if you don't act on the guidance you are already given." Made perfect sense to me. So in her guided visualization I released it...cannot wait for her book the "Inner Castle" to come out in 2007. I had no cravings, no symptoms, no weight gain...just let them go.

I am greatful for the Lymes disease...greatful it is something I can attack. Something I can do something about. The hardest thing in the world for me to do is to not fix something when it is broken. It is my job...it is who i am..it is the mediator in me...the troubleshooter in me. So when I see something is broken and others do to but they won't let me fix it. Well that is a challenge to say the least.

So now I have a plan of attack...I can work on fixing it....making it better even if it is worse before it gets there. Cause this will be a roller coaster ride...hang on to your seat belts....and enjoy the ride. The ride is part of my process. I have known all my life that the hardest part of my life is behind me. Actually and now that I know I am not crazy and that I am sick ;-0...is the best part.

I am greatful for Doctor Fishman for figuring it out. And for Dr. Sato for helping me cope all these years and helping me to feel the best that I could. He is a fabulous Doctor and I am forever greatful for him. Dr. Fishman has helped me to feel the best that I have in my life. And that is a gift I can only say Thank You for over and over and over again. Once I have a wonderful healthy baked good recipe he will be my first gift...of course everyone else watch out while we go through some good and bad samples ;-).

I am of course greatful for all my wonderful friends...the whole Californian contingent...those that live or visit frequently Happy Akers retirement community...and those in Riverside. My friends and family in Denver, FL, NC, and those in VA, W VA & MD. This is order by furthest away to closest as not to offended anyone ;-). Without my friends my life would have and be so empty.

I am greatful for those 3 people that have known me all my life...Mommy, Robbie, and Stever. I could have had anyone else in the universe but I choose you!! I AM A DAMN GOOD PICKER!! Even when you are PITA ... you figure out what it means ;-).

I am greatful for my bad pets, my home, my car, the food that nourishes my body, all the things that make my life so easy....and all the things I forget to be thankful for. I am greatful to have such a wonderful Boss (Vern) and Team (Once a VISTA person always a VISTA person) and a great job. I don't want this blog that is chronicling specifically the pain I carry with me to leave you all with any other idea then I love my life. Everything from this point on is Icing on the cake. I have rambled long enough...

take care...be safe...I love you all to pieces mieces beat you all!!!

No comments: