Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12/19/06-Happy Birthday Daisy Mae

Today is my dog's birthday!!! Ok...in fairness to her real mommy Linda she is our dog and she is under a joint custody agreement. She likes to tell people she is our own after school special..."Me and My two Mommies ;-)"...Of couse we keep trying to tell her we are not a couple but she would like it to be that way. Even if we both like men ;-).

She is 9 years old and a beautiful Australian Cattle dog. And I have the sign to prove it. I never thought I would own a dog, never would have the energy but I do and I do!!! YAY Dr. Fishman!!!! My meds to date and reactions follow...then the stuff about life ;-).

Please note that the patient consumed more sugar then any person should over the course of a 2 day period. Some reactions are not able to be separated from the protocol or sugar hang over ;-).

12/16--5 mg Benicar, normal thyroid and vitamin supplements.

I had a good day on Saturday 12/16 until I wrecked it with SUGAR!!! I woke up and walked Daisy, felt good...good enough that I spontaneously stopped by my sisters house and Mom, Robin and I all went on an errand together. It was nice. But not only did I binge on SUGAR on Friday night after I picked up Maxie..but I binged on Saturday when I got almond macaroons, hazelnut macaroons, and chocolate coconut macaroons. I was equally as bad on Sunday.

However, I have tracked a horrible ear pop right before my symptoms worsen. I felt like crap Saturday night, Sunday, and yesterday. This included and was not limited too....joint pain, horrible borderline migraine/headache, sun sensitivity, tummy ache due to wheat allergy (white flour, whole wheat I can do in limited quantifies), head congestion, lots of random squiggly pain, ears ringing, fatigue/exhaustion. I did have the horrible ear popping on Saturday.

12/17--5 benicar, 50 mg minocycle, normal thyroid and supplements. I felt like crap all day long. All day long. exact same symptoms on 12/15. I did eat to much sugar on Sunday. Way too much in the morning so I stopped the binge. I did have 2 glasses of Champagne and a piece of cake at Wendy's Birthday that was fun. It is the holiday season and I am going to allow myself the ability to enjoy. I will however be very selective in my choices and will not binge like I have did this weekend.

12/18--5 benicar, 50 minocycline, normal thyroid and supplements. I have to say in reviewing this I realized I took the minocycline back to back for 2 days...and interestingly yesterday i had the ear pop. The ear pop now means horrible symptoms and pain are on the horizon. I had it last Tuesday, I had it on Saturday afternoon before the crash started and I had it yesterday morning before my headache became unmanageable.

12/19--5 benecar, and normal thyroid and supplements -- Start here next time I post ;-).


I have noticed that my dizzyness is better, my heart doesn't flutter as much. Of, course I am on my supplements which is important for me. But even with them I notice it is not as unstable, which I guess is the word of the day for my body. I am however overwhelmed by the potential I feel for feeling good. On Saturday I was so mad that I wrecked how good I was feeling with Sugar. However, the potential for feeling better that I see is unlike I have ever seen. I mean if I could feel like that for a whole day...my goodness....what a miracle that would be!!!

It is like a tease. I wish I could describe it. Kind of like I have been living in a fog and all of the sudden it is lifting...just for a minute. The view from the horizon is stunning like something from the most beautiful place you can imagine. And for that moment you look in stunned beauty. The kind where you say I am so greatful to experience this in my life. And you forget to pull out the camera. And when the fog rolls back in you remember that you should, could of , would have enjoyed it more if you knew it was there only for an instant.

Some of the people I tell this too seem skeptical. I think my lack of complaining has made it difficult for people to believe I felt so crappy. Feeling crappy is bad enough. Feeling crappy and bitching about it doesn't make it better....only worse. I did what I could. I have spent my life looking for "it" the magic button that would make me feel better. But nothing worked consistently. I could never place a pattern on this. And over the years it and I have gotten worse. Some people see me as eccentric, crazy or whacked...and I am all of those things...but I had to be to survive. The one thing I am is a thriver not just a survivor. I strive to take any situation and make it better. If I cannot then I move to the next one I can.

I am a testimony that by changing the way you think you can change the outcome of your life. If I had succumb to feeling like shit and whining about it....allowing it to overwhelm me, and wallow in how badly I felt about all my life has been...well I doubt I would have made it out of my 20's. But instead I searched for something that would make me feel better physically and emotionally and in the progress have had a wonderful journey called my life.

For the good, bad and ugly it is a WONDERFUL ONE in which I am blessed daily by the people I love, who love me and who help me every day which their willingness to let me love and be loved. Well Sappy and Sentimental Sally resurfaces...she is the real one behind the Push Back Bitch Sally who lives at the NASD and sometimes with the people in her life that need a little push. I have been called brutally honest, assertive to a fault, and other euphemisms for a pushy broad...one who hopes that impact I make is one of leaving this world a better place. My mom has always said you leave a place better then you found it and I work hard to do that. I want my kids to have a better place for them....an easier way to find their magic button...that they can look for other things because they start out at a higher place then we do. Well Sappy and Sentimental Sally is getting to be tired and sleepy Sally.

Thank you for all the people that love me, who have put up with me for all these many years, who help keep me on track when I am beginning to falter off the course. And for all those people that help guide me. Thanks for sticking with me and having fun during the processes.

Take care...be safe...lu2pmbu

No comments: