Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Where does the time go?--6/11/07

It has been 10 years since I have started at NASD. 10 Years ago on Cole's birthday 6/9/07. That is a momentous occasion from the girl that was a permanent temp. I remember when I took vacations at the A Step Beyond Hair Designs in Ballston because I didn't have an assignment and didn't want to be at home. My hair changed alot back then too. Back then I had shaved sides and a shaved back. Voss has some pictures. And now 20 years later I own my own home....back then I had just gotten my license. And the firebalm car from hell was a really big deal. Mychelle was with Actyva and all the kids where babies. Those who had been born ;-). My where did the time go... Somewhere I grew up when I wasn't looking...somewhere you did too ;-).

I came across something in unpacking mom that was a letter to someone. The letter was not of importance it was the style with which it was written. Our writing styles are similar and as I spend more time with her I realize we are more alike....UGGGG ;-0. And I am just kidding about the UGG. With everything in life I try to take what works for me and leave the rest. And I do that with my mother. I take the attributes I love and keep them and the rest I do just the opposite of what she wants. It drives her crazy ;-). And yes I do it on purpose. But she also loves me and loves to spend time with me. Of that I have no doubt.

Speaking of Mommy...she is doing great. I had her out till 10:30 last night and didn't leave her till 11:00. So she is a bit tired today and she deserves to be. I don't get home until late so she is hostage to my schedule but not to her house any longer ;-). She is very happy to be out and about and she is getting stronger. She pushed the cart all through target last night. But she now has a plunger, water filter (yes I picked up some diet coke for her ;-) TP, PT, and some oatmeal but not the right kind. She also has a clock radio that she loves. She is a happy girl. Tonight she is going to a watermelon festival and I hope she has a grand time ;-). Yesterday she had a hair appointment. We both agree to try the salon across from her home. It is beginning to feel like home for her and it was nice last night with her. She said she has been out more in the last 2 weeks then she has in 2 years. I asked if that was a good thing and she said yes, YAY!

Mom was sooo cute last night...it was an unusually cool evening so I could bring Daisy with me. She is in love with Daisy as we all are. And well Daisy....she hates be petted by grandma, or any other human for that matter ;-). She just sits there and leans into you. She and mom are contemporaries ;-). Daisy is 70 ;-). I am happy they both are doing so well.

Let's see what else. Maxie is getting ready to turn 16 but since he isn't going to be here we are celebrating his b'day on Friday. Although he got his present from me but he hasn't gotten cake. So Red Velvet cake and homemade ice cream here we come. I will work on that the next few days. Since tomorrow is my work from home day and since everyone will be very happy with Red Velvet cake and homemade ice cream. Besides I have good ingredients about to go bad.

I don't know what lies ahead in my life. I have decided to go ahead and get the house fixed. I need to call Paul to come up and get started. Well let's see what else is going on. Well not much since my last update. Except to say that I think while the last year has been hell for all of us. It was a blessing as well. We all survived. Mom is here and in a safe, good, place. She looks good and she is seeming stronger. She has lost a few pounds but that could be that we have let her have no food in her house ;-). Ok no sugar. I have been researching the machine to get her for microwave, convection oven, etc. So that will help her eating when we get that which I am thinking is Saturday with, direct buy, and credit union.

I have some friends that are older then I am, some that are younger, and some the same age. Writing that makes me happy ;-). Anyway. The ones that are older I used to watch in my early 30's and I so know how they felt back then. It's amazing what a difference time makes for everything. Years ago our kids where babies....my baby right now (Sunny Bunny) is now a toddler, and my kids are 20's and teens.... my babies are late teens and tweens....and me....just older. But I only feel 17. Back then I was still wanting to be home and still wanting to have fun out and about. That is how I feel now. I want to do both ;-)

Well I am not proofing this one either. I have a dog that needs walking and a cat that needs petting so I am going to stop now. I will keep you all updated as I can.

Take Care...Be Safe....LU2PMBU

No comments: