Thursday, January 25, 2007

1/25--Wheatless foods

Well it does appear that there are many products out there that one can eat that do not contain wheat flour. I have found that my tolerance for the foods I can give up, is in direct proportion to how much it hurts me with no positive gain ;-). Wheat makes my stomach hurt. Enough that I had 3 dozen of my favorite bagels and I didn't eat 1. Not a one. Wasn't even tempted. I am saving my hurting for things that bring me joy like Red Velvet Cake and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts from the place right next to the doctor's office.

I have discovered that Red Mill makes very good alternatives. They have a fabulous brownie mix. They have a flour that I have used to make cornbread (cornbread without flour....uggg). I also used it to make the slow cooker pork roast ;-). So the experimenting has begun. We shall see where life brings us. btw ;-) I did throw out a batch of cornbread cause it was bad ;-).

I also cannot reiterate that you should go home and hug everyone you love....and tell them you love them...that big cars are better then little ones in an accident...so live green where you can but my vote for cars is sedan hybrids or hybrid SUV's but not for tiny cars. My JimJim is alive and I cannot be happier because Gram and Pop blessed him with a car that could take a beating and keep him alive. The car had 10,000 worth of damage and it was not a new car. So THANK YOU for watching over him. Well I am off to try and get a bit more sleep

Take care...be safe...LU2PMBu

No comments: