Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1/10-My friend famiy

I have 2 families. The one I chose to be born into and the one I picked as my friends over the years. They shall be referred to as family, kids 1 and family kids 2. The family I picked to be born into consists of my mother whom I adore, even when I don't ;-)....and who adores me...even when she doesn't ;-). My sister Robbie and her family and my brother Stever and his family round out our unique foursome. And there is of course the outgrowing of Derick and Erin's families. All of these people mean the world too me and I would do anything they needed me to do to support them.

I have a second family too...that is my family of friends...this includes but is not limited to Mychelle and her family, Jean and her family, Linda and her family, Joni and her family, Shelia B and her family, Alison and Sunny Bunny. This entry is about my second family. My first family is doing well. Mom is working on getting out here and that is GREAT!!! I cannot wait to spend time with her. I am looking forward to May for Mason's and Wes's graduations. But this entry today is about specifically Jean, Berl, Micheal and Katie in age order. They are all my friends.

I got a WONDERFUL call today and that is Michael is getting married. I am sure she is a wonderful girl cause Michael is a WONDERFUL young man. Jean and Berl approve so all is well. The nice thing is Michael called me himself. I couldn't take his call as I was in a meeting and when he didn't leave a message I did get nervous that something was wrong. I never guessed that he would be getting married. And the nice thing is he called me to tell me himself. I am so proud of what a wonderful man Michael has become. I cannot wait to meet his girlfriend, oops I mean fiancee. YAY!!!

And Katie is going to Italy for the summer. The Lyon's club is sponsoring a trip for her for 5 weeks. How FABULOUS is that!!!...YAY!!!! And for her 21st birthday this year she wants to have a drink at the Lyon's Club. And She would like me to be there. I am so honored by that...by my kids, now adults...want to celebrate with me. So I couldn't deny that honor. The honor of her wish. So yes I will be having a drink at the Lyon's club with Miss Ma'am on her 21st.

I am so honored that these amazing Young people want me to be a part of their life. That in Katie's 2nd grade time capsule I got a mention. For her graduation from high school when we read it...I was there. I am so proud of my kids. They all have turned out so well. It doesn't mean they won't stumble or fall sometimes. But I don't think any of my 9 kids will ever fall prey to as one of them put it "big stupid shit".

At 43 the chances of my having a child of my own grow slimmer daily. However, I do not feel cheated or as if I missed out on the experience entirely. I have 9 children that are...even the youngest is really no longer a child....that are my heart. They have brightened my life in ways small and large. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of one or all of them that a smile doesn't pass my lips. I consider myself their aunt and friend and I hope they know how much I love them. How honored I am that they play the LU2PMBU game with me. So no I have never felt cheated because I made a point to be with these kids to consider them all my own and when I am 78 and need to be smacked to my senses....I am sure they will all stand in line to do the smacking...probably arguing who gets to go first.

So thank you my babies....my children....my teens....my twenties....you have enriched my life more then you will ever know. And you all make my heart sing and I thank you and your parents for that.

take care...be safe...lu2pmbu

No comments: