Saturday, March 3, 2007

3/3/2007--General Ramblings of a Computer Geek in DST Hell

Hi folks...it has been a while since I posted. That is because it has been very busy at work, home, busy with my family. I would like to tell all those who thought Y2K was a "fake, non-event, over hyped" that a lot of people worked there asses off to make sure that is was it was...a non-event. The change from DST is like a mini-y2k. It doesn't have the catastrophic failure implications that y2k did...just a pain in the ass factor. So...venting about work complete.

Except to say that I am blessed with wonderful people to work with whom make my life as easy as they can. THANK YOU VISTA TEAM!!!! We have had people whom joined the team and thought they would not stay long and have stayed for years...and we have people who left the team and have come back...YAY Vern and Suresh!!! For those who don't know Suresh is to job what Vern is to my job. And I hope that when the time comes and Vern retires that Suresh is promoted to that position. My smiley eyed friend whom always is kind and quiet. We have a team that people want to work on and that is a rare thing in many places.

So I go to the doctor's and get the results of my blood draw on 3/8. I will be anxious to see how it goes. I think it is almost time to move to 50 mg's. I think that is where I will find the really drastic improvement. I pulled back a little the last few weeks due to the whole destruction of my home ;-). In fact Maxie and I are going to do demolition on the ceilings with me next weekend. That will be fun for both of us ;-)...he even told me I didn't have to pay him for it!! I have to go to Loews and get protective gear for us since it have fiber glass insulation. I also need to order the LO/MIT II.

I have decided with the Ice Damns help that I should take down the ceilings entirely and then spray with LO/MIT II for insulation and mold factor. It prohibits mold and it adds an R15 value plus an R19 fiber glass insulation and it will be an 34 r factor in the ceiling. I am also hoping in the next 5 years to install solar panels on once all the trees are down. When I am on the board. Will find that out this month.

Mom is doing well she is kicking ass and taking names ;-). She is working hard on getting her house sold. I have no doubt it will be sooner rather then later. Maybe when I come out for graduation I can take her back with me. I know how hard it is to change....to leave what you know and do something new and different. But one thing about mom...once she makes a decision she is a dynamo on planning and implementation. And she is jamming along on getting all that done. In spite of weather that has not been cooperative.

Well I think that is all the news that is fit to print.

Take Care...Be Safe...LU2PMBU

1 comment:

Hispeedsoul said...

Hey Sally! It sounds like things are going well. Solar panels, eh? Are you sure you don't want an entire field? I'm sure my dad could fly out and install them for you... :)

I heard you'll be coming out for Christmas and my birthday!!! I'm excited about that! 21st birthday, definitely party time...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I haven't updated in awhile because of school and work and drama and the usual. But things are good here. And like you said in your first entry, my lips are sealed as long as yours are ;). Love you to pieces! Miss you!

<3katie